LVIMA Junior Membership: Description and Application Process
Duration: A LVIMA Junior Membership lasts for up to one year. Once a Junior Member relinquishes membership or no longer meets the requirements, he or she can no longer be a Junior Member. Additionally, no one can be a Junior Member more than once.
Scope: Presently, LVIMA will accept up to 20 Junior Members at a time, additional qualified applicants in excess of this will be placed on a waiting list.
Perks: LVIMA Junior Members will enjoy:
- Attendance at all LVIMA events (Attendance is not guaranteed. RSVPs for Junior Members and members at large are first come, first serve, and Junior Member attendance may be capped for some events.)
- Educational opportunities beyond regular LVIMA programming (Opportunities will include: Our regularly scheduled educational events, panels, role play events, competitions, group projects, and intimate talks with featured speakers.)
- Mentorships from LVIMA members (Members who volunteer to be mentors would be paired up Junior Members upon request.)
- Opportunities to build experience through volunteering roles: tailored for each Junior Member’s interests and schedule
- A letter of recommendation upon request to Junior Members (and former Junior Members) in good standing from a member of the board
- An interest in a future career marketing or media
- Not employed by a non-sponsor vendor
- Live in the Las Vegas Area
- 21 or older and a current undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or a recent graduate (within the past 12 months)
- Commitment to (and be available for) volunteering up to 5 hours each month (Volunteer opportunities are tailored to the Junior Member’s interests to include but not limited to, assistance with upcoming events, content creation and curation, administrative duties, social media management, and more).
Application: To become a Junior Member, an application must be filled out in full on the LVIMA website, and a resume must be uploaded. Applicants who meet the requirements will either be considered for Junior Membership or put on the Junior Membership Waitlist. Those who are being considered for Junior Membership will have an interview scheduled (either virtually or in person) where we will review requirements, further assess interest, and assign the first round of volunteer duties if the Junior Member is accepted into the program.
The Junior Membership Program is subject to change at any time.